The International European University is a brand-new, cutting-edge European university. The university was established mainly to educate Ukrainian citizens on a European level. The faculty of the International European University has been focusing on ways to improve higher educational standards to European ones as a result of reforms in higher education and medicine.
At the International European University, all facilities for educating students in the specialization 222 Medicine have been established. Modern training conditions, fully equipped laboratories, and highly specialized offices are set up to ensure the education system of higher education applicants in the academic and professional program “Medicine” of the field 22 “Health care” of the Master’s degree at the International European University. Such settings make it easy to give candidates with completely practical training. There is all necessary equipment for practical training such as educational, scientific, medical, and diagnostic equipment which include tables, chairs, muffler screens, multimedia projectors, training materials (tables, posters, diagrams, etc.), microscopes and other medical equipment, and medicines.
All departments of the university are quite well-equipped with teaching materials, computers and office supplies, multimedia equipment, and contemporary furnishings. Computers have LAN and Internet connections.
Private institution of higher education “International European University” (hereinafter referred to as “the University”) is a private institution of higher education, established by the Founder’s founding meeting (Protocol No. 1 of 11.04.2019) in the form of a private institution, that functions in accordance with the current legislation of Ukraine and this Charter.
Faculty of Medicine
Medical Faculty of the International European University set the following main objectives to:
● develop specialists’ skills for the Ukrainian and international healthcare systems by delivering high-quality educational services and keeping to high educational, scientific, and professional activity standards;
● enhance basic and applied knowledge in medicine and pharmacy, high-tech medical care, and innovative diagnostic as well as medical technologies in meeting the demands of the national healthcare system;
● provide an environment for undergraduates’ self-development, self-actualization, and spiritual development this is the best environment for highly-educated, free, democratic, and nationally conscious specialists.
The Faculty of Medicine’s operations are carried out through:
● providing continuity of learning, research, and treatment;
● maintaining competitiveness via high quality assurance;
● establishing competency-base education programs under the levels of the National Qualifications Framework;
● considering professional standards, defining criterium for assessing professional skills as well as terms and procedures for verification the qualification of the doctor providing coherent approach for developing both educational and professional program;
● enabling an accurate and independent examination of the physician’s skills;
● taking into account the process of academic policy formation, scientifically and methodologically confirmed examination of labor market demands and prospects of medical industry development;
● students’ professional qualification;
● international cooperation with foreign medical educational and scientific centers;
● implementation both of education and science into the University’s educational process.
The most common types of educational processes are:
● practical classes (including the classes on clinical bases);
● laboratory works;
● professionally-oriented trainings.
Bilingual education for future professionals is a unique feature of the program. Program is required in both Ukrainian and English.
Practical classes are provided at both the University’s specialized offices and the clinical bases (cooperation agreements have been signed with these institutions).
Clinical-based classes are designed to teach undergraduates, notably foreigners and stateless people, innovative ways of diagnosis, treating, and rehabilitating patients, as well as the use of medical tools and equipment. New healthcare equipment is available at the clinical base.
Under the rules of the partnership agreement, the Clinical Base of the Private Institution of Higher Education “International European University” is the Kyiv City Clinical Hospital No5. The clinical basis, in accordance with the class timetable, conducts practical instruction on the following courses:
● anesthesiology and intensive care;
● epidemiology and principles of evidence-based medicine;
● infectious diseases;
● internal medicine;
● obstetrics and gynecology;
● traumatology and orthopedics;
Students of the Private Institution of Higher Education “International European University” will have the chance to use any clinic’s latest equipment (see Annex No. 2 of the partnership agreement) and implement their theoretical knowledge into practice during the course.
The clinical bases’ equipment complies with the regulations of Ukraine’s Ministry of Health.
The training program considers:
family physicians (general practitioners) who can obtain specialized interdisciplinary developing in delivering healthcare services to family members;
future physician training for telemedicine (one of the main sectors of the modern industry), that is a set of activities and technology employed in the provision of medical aid utilizing distant communication in the form of electronic message.
Medical-Biological Department fields of studying are the following:
● Life safety
● Biological and bioorganic chemistry;
● Clinical Department fields of studying;
● Fundamentals of bioethics and biosafety;
● Fundamentals of psychology;
● Histology, cytology and embryology;
● Human anatomy;
● Legal medicine;
● Medical and biological physics;
● Medical biology;
● Medical chemistry;
● Medical informatics;
● Medical law of Ukraine;
● Microbiology, virology and immunology;
● Physical education;
● Propaedeutic of internal medicine
● Clinical immunology and allergology;
● Clinical pharmacology;
● Dermatology, venereology;
● Epidemiology and principles of evidence-based medicine;
Upon arriving at the student hostel and future residency, foreigners and individuals without citizenship are informed about local regulatory acts that control residential issues in the student hostels.
1.2. In compliance with sanitary requirements and labor protection standards, foreigners and non-citizens are accommodated in the appropriate hostel thermal conditions and lighting.
1.3. Foreigners and non-citizens are granted the necessary inventory, tools, and materials for the arrangement, maintenance, and cleaning of the student dormitory premises as well as its attached territory.
1.4. Rooms are completely furnished and have an apartment-style system with two or three beds, as well as an attached toilet. There is a common hall and a common kitchen on each floor. A medical cabinet for first aid is located on the ground floor.
1.5. Beds, mattresses, pillows, blankets, two side tables, one wardrobe, and one table and chair are provided in each hostel room. The bed linen is changed once a week for the occupants. Hot water is accessible daily and nightly. All the rooms have central heating. On-call plumbers, carpenters, and electricians are all provided.
ABOUT THE CITY
Kyiv is one of Europe’s most populous cities. It is the dynamic capital of independent Ukraine, serving as the country’s administrative, economic, scientific, cultural, and educational heart. On the banks of the Dnipro River, this picturesque metropolis of nearly 3 million inhabitants is located.
Kyiv is a city enriched in historical and cultural treasures, as well as major events and great people. Everyone will discover something there that piques his attention.
Kyiv’s art and architecture are acknowledged as global treasures. Many well-known painters, poets, and authors have praised the city’s distinctive beauty. Here are some of the most well-known landmarks in Kyiv:
● Cathedral of St. Sophia;
● Kyivo-Percherskaya Lavra;
● Golden Gate of Kyiv;
● Ukrainian Baroque Church of St. Andrew;
● Nicolas Cathedral;
● Rodina Mat;
● Andreyevskiy Spusk.
Russians and Ukrainians both call Kyiv “the mother of all cities.” It is one of the oldest European cities. The atmosphere of the past can be felt everywhere throughout Kyiv’s historic center.
Kyiv is known for its unique cultural life. Theater fans will be pleased to discover that there are several theatres in the city that provide a variety of theatrical performances. The majority of the performances are in Ukrainian or Russian language. The newly restored Kyiv Opera House has excellent opera as well as a wide ballet repertoire. Ukrainian drama, comedy, and musical performances are represented in Ivan Franko Theatre. In numerous Kyiv’s museums and art galleries, a wide range of shows is held.
Kyiv is also scientific and educational capital. Different universities and research institutions are situated there, including the well-known National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy”, which was one of the earliest scientific institutions in Eastern Europe.
Moreover, Kyiv is a leading industrial and commercial center in Ukraine. The main industries involve the following ones: food processing (especially processing of beet sugar), manufacture of machinery, machine tools, rolling stock, chemicals, and building materials. Over recent years, the city has had an increase in the number of office buildings, banks, trade fair centers, and other business entities.
Take a stroll around the historic streets of this picturesque city to admire its distinctive beauty and sense of history. Your time in Kyiv will undoubtedly be one of your most unforgettable experiences.