MBBS in Russia | MBBS in Ukraine | Study in Russia | Study in Ukraine | About Russia | About Ukraine | Top Medical Universities of Russia | Top Medical Universities of Ukraine | Consultants for MBBS in Russia | Consultants for MBBS in Ukraine | Study MBBS in Russia | Study MBBS in Ukraine | MBBS in Russia in English | MBBS in Ukraine in English | Best Universities for MBBS in Russia | Best Universities for MBBS in Ukraine | Study MBBS in Russia in English | Study MBBS in Ukraine in English | Admission 2019 2020 in Russia | Admission 2019 2020 in Ukraine | Study Abroad | MBBS Abroad | Study MBBS Abroad | EdugainOverseas | Higher Education in Russia | Higher Education in Ukraine | Top Engineering Technical Universities in Russia | Top Engineering Technical Universities in Ukraine | Medical Courses in Russia | Medical Courses in Ukraine | Engineering Courses in Russia | Engineering Courses in Ukraine | Economics Courses in Russia | Economics Courses in Ukraine | Aviation Courses in Russia | Aviation Courses in Ukraine | PG in Medicine Clinical Residency in Russia | PG in Medicine Clinical Residency in Ukraine | PG PHD Courses in Russia | PG PHD Courses in Ukraine | Admission Process in Russia | Admission Process in Ukraine | Postgraduate Education in Russia | Postgraduate Education in Ukraine | Apply Online in Russia | Apply Online in Ukraine | Tuition Fee on Education in Russia | Tuition Fee on Education in Ukraine | Reason to Study in Russia | Reason to Study in Ukraine | Living in Russia | Living in Ukraine | Living Abroad | Cities of Russia | Cities of Ukraine | Accommodation and Hostels in Russia | Accommodation and Hostels in Ukraine | Top Aviation Universities of Russia | Top Aviation Universities of Ukraine | Top Economics Universities of Russia | Top Economics Universities of Ukraine | Visa and Immigration in Russia | Visa and Immigration in Ukraine | Airport Pickup in Russia | Airport Pickup in Ukraine | Arrival in Russia | Arrival in Ukraine | Representatives in Russia | Representatives in Ukraine | English Courses in Russia | English Courses in Ukraine | Why Russia | Why Ukraine | Why Choose Russia | Why Choose Ukraine | Popular Universities of Russia | Popular Universities of Ukraine
Table of Contents
EDUCATION IN UKRAINE
Ukraine has built an outstanding national educational system through many years of academic work. This is demonstrated by the fact that the country has become part of the European and world educational space by implementing the Bologna Process in most universities.
Ukraine is currently among the ten leading countries in international education, which is confirmed by the high-level foreign students’ interest in Ukrainian higher education.
Courses in Ukrainian, Russian or English are provided in Ukrainian higher educational institutions. There are more than 240 universities where international students can study and specialize in various scientific fields. Every year, institutions of higher education welcome students from more than 150 countries. All universities can conduct training in all types of training programs under the Law of Ukraine ” About Higher Education “.
SIX TYPES OF HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS (HEIs) EXIST IN UKRAINE:
● Universities have the 4th level of accreditation. They can be multidisciplinary (based on the model of a classical university) or ” branch” (focused on a certain professional field such as technical, medical, agricultural, pedagogical or economics one). These universities function as leading scientific and methodological centers in both fundamental and applied research.
● Academies have the 4th level of accreditation. They are concentrated on a particular field of knowledge, in which they also function as leading scientific and methodological centers in both basic and applied research.
● Institutes have the 3rd level of accreditation. They specialize in a particular field of knowledge, in which they also conduct scientific and methodological research in both basic and applied fields. They can be independent or be a subunit of a university or academy.
● Conservatories have the 3rd level of accreditation. They major in culture and the arts, particularly music. They also conduct research and act as centers of excellence in their areas of expertise.
● Colleges have the 2nd accreditation level. Training leading to the acquisition of specific higher education qualifications is provided. They may also constitute subunits within HEIs with the 3rd and 4th levels of accreditation like technical and vocational schools.
● Technical schools have the 1st level of accreditation. Education and training in several related fields are provided here. They may also constitute subunits within HEIs with 3rd and 4th levels of accreditation.
UKRAINIAN UNIVERSITIES PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING DEGREES:
● Obtaining a bachelor’s degree is based on a complete general secondary education. A bachelor’s is a four-year degree. Graduates who successfully pass state examinations obtain a bachelor’s degree, which enables them to work in their specialty and be admitted for a master’s degree.
● A master’s degree can be obtained on the basis of the bachelor’s degree. It takes 1-2 years to complete this degree. The graduates pass the state examination, which includes a public presentation of the graduation work. Those who successfully pass the state examination obtain a Master’s degree, which allows them to continue their professional activities and apply for Postgraduate Education.
● The Doctor of Philosophy (or PhD) is a scientific degree obtained upon completion of a postgraduate course of study. A person with a master’s degree can be admitted to a university’s postgraduate department. The degree requires a public defense of the thesis.
Obtaining these educational and scientific degrees of higher education involves acquiring the theoretical knowledge, skills, and other competencies sufficient to generate new ideas and solve complex problems in professional or research activities.
Ukraine is a European country with a 99.8% literacy rate, which indicates that it devotes enough time to educational processes and is, therefore, one of the best places to study in the world. Ukrainian universities are definitely a good choice for students who are interested in pursuing higher education and a respectable and well-paid position in the future.
MBBS IN UKRAINE
Obtaining knowledge in the field of medicine in Ukraine, students will profit from the high standards of professionalism of university faculty, all for affordable tuition fee and living expenses. Most Ukrainian medical universities provide the following sciences as Medicine (MBBS/MD), Dentistry, Nursing, Pharmacy and others. Some university professors and practitioners have more than 20 years of experience teaching medicine in English.
Today in Ukraine, thousands of foreign students from more than 110 countries pursue higher education, and a considerable part of these students are attracted to the field of medicine. Most of them come from India, Nigeria, China, Turkey, Uganda, Russia, Malaysia and Central European countries. Ukrainian medical institutions are in close cooperation with universities of Germany, France, Italy, Poland, United Kingdom, USA and Austria; this enables students to participate in international conferences, exchange programs and various scientific projects.
STUDYING MEDICINE IN UKRAINE: MEDICAL PROGRAMS
Most popular medical courses among international students in Ukraine are:
● Medicine: it is a six-year course, Doctor of Medicine (MD or MBBS) is the awarded degree;
● Dental: it is five-year course, Bachelor of Dentistry (BDent) is the awarded degree;
● Pediatrics: it is a six-year course, Doctor of Medicine is the awarded degree;
● Nursing: it is a four-year course, Bachelor of Nursing (BN) is the awarded degree;
● Dental orthopedics: it is a two-year course, Bachelor of Dental Orthopedics is the awarded degree;
● Postgraduate studies: duration of study is 2-3 years.
BENEFITS OF OBTAINING MBBS IN UKRAINE
● Being a member of the Bologna Process, the degree obtained in Ukraine is valid in 27 European countries. Therefore, there is no need to worry about the quality standards of the MBBS degree provided in Ukraine.
● The MBBS courses in Ukrainian universities are globally recognized by WHO, MCI, UNESCO, EUROPEAN COUNCIL and others.
● Ukraine is a European country that has a European standard of living, but tuition fees and expenses are very low compared to any other European country.
● The MBBS courses in Ukraine are taught in English, so there should be no issues in getting the degree for students who are only familiar with English. A big segment of population is proficient in English, thus, there should be no problem in communicating with local residents.
● The climate in Ukraine is moderate, and most international students will not have any difficulties related to acclimatization.
● Passing neither IELTS nor TOEFL is required.
● There is a big number of qualified teachers who have decades of experience both lecturing and conducting practical classes.
● There are no entrance exams for Indian students like NEET of FMGE, so they should not worry about lack of vacant seats.
● Ukraine is a part of the Bologna Process hence education standards and quality are on a par with world ones.
● After obtaining MBBS degree in Ukraine, students can practice medicine in any country after applying and passing licensing exams like USMLE for the USA, PLAM for the UK, MCI for India and others.
● The courses are at the holistic development. It means that during study period students have an opportunity to gain knowledge on desired disciplines, as well as practice acquired skills.
When it comes to studying medicine abroad, medical schools in Ukraine are one of the best options. Students from all over the world (the UK, Germany, Scandinavia, India, Africa and others) can find getting a medical degree in Ukraine attractive because of moderate prices overall and decent quality of provided services.