MBBS in Russia | MBBS in Ukraine | Study in Russia | Study in Ukraine | About Russia | About Ukraine | Top Medical Universities of Russia | Top Medical Universities of Ukraine | Consultants for MBBS in Russia | Consultants for MBBS in Ukraine | Study MBBS in Russia | Study MBBS in Ukraine | MBBS in Russia in English | MBBS in Ukraine in English | Best Universities for MBBS in Russia | Best Universities for MBBS in Ukraine | Study MBBS in Russia in English | Study MBBS in Ukraine in English | Admission 2019 2020 in Russia | Admission 2019 2020 in Ukraine | Study Abroad | MBBS Abroad | Study MBBS Abroad | EdugainOverseas | Higher Education in Russia | Higher Education in Ukraine | Top Engineering Technical Universities in Russia | Top Engineering Technical Universities in Ukraine | Medical Courses in Russia | Medical Courses in Ukraine | Engineering Courses in Russia | Engineering Courses in Ukraine | Economics Courses in Russia | Economics Courses in Ukraine | Aviation Courses in Russia | Aviation Courses in Ukraine | PG in Medicine Clinical Residency in Russia | PG in Medicine Clinical Residency in Ukraine | PG PHD Courses in Russia | PG PHD Courses in Ukraine | Admission Process in Russia | Admission Process in Ukraine | Postgraduate Education in Russia | Postgraduate Education in Ukraine | Apply Online in Russia | Apply Online in Ukraine | Tuition Fee on Education in Russia | Tuition Fee on Education in Ukraine | Reason to Study in Russia | Reason to Study in Ukraine | Living in Russia | Living in Ukraine | Living Abroad | Cities of Russia | Cities of Ukraine | Accommodation and Hostels in Russia | Accommodation and Hostels in Ukraine | Top Aviation Universities of Russia | Top Aviation Universities of Ukraine | Top Economics Universities of Russia | Top Economics Universities of Ukraine | Visa and Immigration in Russia | Visa and Immigration in Ukraine | Airport Pickup in Russia | Airport Pickup in Ukraine | Arrival in Russia | Arrival in Ukraine | Representatives in Russia | Representatives in Ukraine | English Courses in Russia | English Courses in Ukraine | Why Russia | Why Ukraine | Why Choose Russia | Why Choose Ukraine | Popular Universities of Russia | Popular Universities of Ukraine | Dagestan State Medical University | DSMU
Moscow Timiryazev Agricultural Academy is one of the oldest agrarian educational institutions in Russia. It was founded on December 3, 1865. It is under the Supervisory of the Russian Ministry of Agriculture. It was named for Kliment Timiryazev, a Russian botanist and physiologist and major proponent of evolution by natural selection.
Over 18000 students study master progressive, non-waste, energy-saving, and environment-oriented technologies; Economics, business organization, and management; Accounting and Finance under market conditions; basics of foreign economic enterprise activity, Marketing, and agribusiness with extensive use of economic and mathematical methods and IT technology in our University.
University staff makes a vital contribution to the development of agricultural science, fundamental and applied research in the field of agriculture and other sectors of agribusiness. Demand for university investigations is confirmed by a high volume of research-and-development activities.
Agronomy and Biotechnology
The Faculty of Agronomy and Biotechnology is one of the oldest Faculties of the University. Nowadays over 1400 undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate students study at the Faculty each year. The faculty consists of 130 lecturers including 3 academicians and 3 corresponding members of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 6 Honored Workers of the Russian Higher Educational System. There are 40 lecturers with Ph.D. degrees.
There are 6 Departments at the Faculty:
● Soil management and field research methods
● Plant production and Meadow cultivation
● Plant physiology
● Genetics, Biotechnology, Breeding and Seed Breeding of Field Crops
● Plant protection
● Meteorology and climatology
The practical training and research are provided at the Plant Breeding Station, Precision Farming Center, Laboratory of Microclonal Plant Reproduction, Field Plant Station, Molecular Biotechnology Center, Plant Protection Station, Observatory, and the Sports Turf Grass Center.
The main research areas of the Faculty:
● ecological and biological farming;
● precision farming;
● improvement of plant productivity in various agricultural systems;
● increasing the productivity of forage lands;
● developing methods of forage conservation and storage;
● developing technologies for creation and management of turf grasses;
● cytogenetic research of field crops – genetics and cytological engineering, biochemical mechanisms of plant resistance to stresses, molecular biotechnology, plant biochemistry and regulation of plant vegetation processes;
plant protection research – physiology of pests and diseases, ecological and genetic structure and dynamics in pest populations, and development of an integrated plant protection system.
Graduates of the Faculty can work in different branches of agriculture, state management organizations, state plant protection services, customs service, research institutions, and municipal bodies.
● Sc. program “Agribusiness”
● Sc. program “Biotechnology”
● Sc. program “Hydrometeorology”
● Sc. program “Plant Breeding”
● Sc. program “Biotechnology (Genetics, Biotechnology, and Plant Breeding)”
● Sc. program “Precision farming technologies and machinery”
● Sc. program “Integrated pest management”
Education and Humanities
Education Faculty was organized in 1925 on the basis of higher pedagogical courses and until 1997 the Faculty provided advanced training for lecturers of agricultural colleges and techniques.
Since 1997 Education Faculty has provided training future teachers in agriculture (Economics and Management, Agronomy, Animal Husbandry) for agricultural colleges. During 80 years of its existence, the Faculty has trained more than 10,000 lecturers.
At present, the Faculty provides training future specialists for different branches of the agroindustrial complex.
The Faculty comprises 11 Departments:
● Pedagogics and Psychology
● History and Agrarian Tourism
● Russian Language and Culture of Speech
● Foreign Languages
● Public Relations
● Physical Education
● State and Municipal Management
● Pedagogics and Psychology of Professional Education
The Faculty offers postgraduate and internship programs in the field of State and Municipal Management, Pedagogics and Psychology, History, Politology, Agrarian Tourism, Pedagogics and Psychology of Professional Education.
● Sc. program “Professional Education”
● Sc. program “Public Relations”
● Sc. program “State and Municipal Management of Rural Settlements”
● Sc. program “Tourism”
● Sc. program “Government Service”
● Sc. program “Pedagogical Innovation Management”
Animal Science and Biology
The Faculty of Animal Science and Biology is one of the oldest faculties of the University. Its history goes back to 1865 when the animal husbandry section was established as a structural unit of the Agricultural Division of the Academy. It has existed as an independent Faculty since 1934.
Training in animal sciences is provided by 9 Departments:
● Animal Physiology, Ethology and Biotechnology
● Aquaculture and Bee-Keeping
● Automation and Mechanization in Animal Husbandry
● Beef and Dairy Cattle Breeding
● Horse Breeding
● Morphology and Veterinary Sciences
● Special Animal Husbandry
● Feeding and Breeding of Farm Animals
The Faculty has at its disposal many facilities where students can carry out their experiments: the horse-riding hall, poultry farm, apiary, laboratory of animal physiology and pathology, laboratory of quality assessment and certification of honey production and the laboratory of animal husbandry analyses.
The scientists of the Faculty are the authors of the Russian textbooks on animal husbandry which are widely used by students of other Russian institutions and universities.
The main research areas of the faculty:
● biology and reproduction of animals and fish;
● optimization of animal nutrition rations with an emphasis on additives and new forage plants
● improvement of productive characters of animals.
● Sc. program “Animal Breeding”
● Sc. program “Animal Husbandry”
● Sc. program “Cynology”
● Sc. program “Feeding”
● Sc. program “Veterinary and Sanitary Expertise”
● Sc. program “Wild Game Management”
● Sc. program “Zoology”
● Sc. program “Selection and Technological Control Methods of Livestock Production”
● Sc. program “Horse breeding and equestrian sports”
● Sc. program “Advanced technologies of animal nutrition and feed production”
● Sc. program “Physiological and Biochemical Monitoring of Animal Health and Nutrition”
Soil Science, Agricultural Chemistry and Ecology
The Faculty of Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science was established in 1929 and in 1990 it was renamed into the Faculty of Soil Science, Agricultural Chemistry, and Ecology.
Training at the Faculty is provided by 7 Departments:
● Agricultural and Biological Chemistry, Radiology and Vital Activity Security
● Engineering Chemistry
● Microbiology and Immunology
● Melioration, Land Development, and Forestry
● Soil Science, Geology and Landscape Science
Practical training is provided by several research laboratories, including the laboratory of agricultural chemistry, laboratory of agricultural soil science, laboratory of agro-ecology, the center of soil-ecological research, laboratory for the complex analysis of organic compounds, laboratory of nuclear technology in agriculture, laboratory of forestry, and laboratory of microelements and regulation of mineral nutrition with the use of polymers.
Training is provided by highly-skilled faculty members, including 2 academicians of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 1 corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 36 professors, 72 associate professors and senior lecturers, 24 assistant professors, and 38 research workers.
The main research areas of the Faculty:
● problems of land recovery from radioactive and heavy metal contamination and chemical pollution;
● problems of ecologically safe production and work safety at agro-industrial enterprises;
● agro-ecological land expertise;
● optimization of plant mineral nutrition;
● recultivation of degraded areas and recycling of solid and liquid waste;
● soil and water conservation in rural areas;
● integrated water resources management;
● drainage and irrigation systems
● Sc. program “Forestry Organization and Management”
● Sc. program “Environmental management and engineering”
Horticulture and Landscape Engineering
The Faculty of Horticulture was formally established in 1929, but its history goes back to 1865 and the time of the opening of the University. At that time there was a park with hothouses, an orchard with a nursery, a vegetable garden, and a nursery for ornamental plants. The present name of the Faculty – Horticulture and Landscape design.
Training at the Faculty is provided by 5 Departments:
● Botany, Breeding and Seed Production of Horticultural Crops
● Pomology, Viticulture, and Wine-making
● Landscape Art
● Landscape Gardening and Greenkeeping
● Vegetable and Medicinal Plants
Training at the Faculty combines theoretical courses with practical training in special laboratories and at experimental stations. The Faculty has wide professional contacts with research institutions and production establishments.
The Faculty comprises several training and experimental stations and laboratories, including laboratories of fruit growing and vegetable growing, laboratory of viticulture, the laboratory of floriculture, laboratories of bio-physics and seed hydrophobization, a plant breeding station, a botanical garden, an arboretum, and a laboratory of genetics, biotechnology, and selection of vegetable crops.
Faculty members include more than 100 professors, associate professors, senior lecturers, assistants, and research workers. Faculty members are the authors of textbooks and practicum books on fruit growing, vegetable growing, selection and seed growing, ornamental gardening, medicinal plants, and viticulture which are all widely used by Russian agrarian educational institutions.
The main research areas of the Faculty:
● improvement of technology, production, and protection of horticultural crops
● quality of horticultural commodities in market chains
● modern tools for genetic research and molecular plant breeding
● biological and cultural factors in landscape architecture
● Sc. program “Landscape Engineering”
● Sc. program “Fruit Farming”
● Sc. program “Breeding”
● Sc. program “Landscape Design”
● Sc. program “Ornamental Horticulture”
● Sc. program “Breeding and seed production technology”
For students from outside Moscow, the university provides accommodation at 14 well-equipped dormitories (housing capacity – 10200 people), with well-developed infrastructure and all necessary conditions for living.
The campus includes students canteen, cafes, self-service laundry, parking lots, and a community police office.
Most dormitories are within the walking distance of lecture halls and laboratories, Central scientific library, sports facilities, and Students Art and Activity center.
The security in every dormitory is ensured round-the-clock by the security company staff.
The accommodation is provided for the entire study period to all students from outside of Moscow enrolled in the full-time education program (with or without scholarship).
During the admission period to B.Sc., M.Sc. and full-cycle courses, students and their parents (accompanying people) can be accommodated at the dormitories for up to 5 days (admission, entry exams, and enrollment). Provide your original qualification certificate (e.g., high school certificate) and get a warrant from the admissions office, room 111 or 114)
ABOUT THE CITY
Moscow started as a hunting resort in the 12th Century. Since the days of the Russian Empire, it has been the political capital of Russia except for a brief period before the formation of the USSR. It is situated central in Russia, so it has always been an important economical, cultural, scientific, and military center. Its prosperity and varied attractions have swelled its population since the USSR times, with people moving to it from rural areas and the city currently is not able to provide adequate housing and infrastructure to all its citizens. All the major religions of the world are found in Moscow. It has a rich and historic cultural, artistic, and literature scene that also attracts international tourists.